Look, we all know how to make a turkey sammich from the leftovers on Black Friday, right? Some of you may even have been adventurous and creative enough to make the Day-After Thanskgiving Sandwich, complete with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce piled on top of the turkey and precariously held together by two woefully inadequate slices of white bread, or a left over roll.
But, stay with me here, have you considered THANKFUL EGG ROLLS??
I’m just sayin’, wrapping up all that goodness in an eggroll and deep frying it? Heaven. AND, include a sriracha cranberry sauce and bourbon turkey gravy to dip it in? This’ll be a culinary conversion, for sure – you’ll never look at leftover the same again!
- 8 Spring roll wrappers
- 1 Cup Turkey Shredded or chopped
- ½ Cup Mashed potatoes
- 1 Cup Dressing
- ½ Cup Green beans Sliced
- 2 Cups Vegetable oil For frying
- 1 Egg Whisked
Sriracha Cranberry Sauce
- ½ Cup Cranberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
Bourbon Turkey Gravy
- 1 Cup Turkey Gravy
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
For the sriracha Cranberry sauce
- Stir the sriracha into the cranberry sauce, set aside
For the bourbon turkey gravy
- Heat the gravy in a small sauce pan. Add the bourbon and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
For the spring rolls
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan or skillet over medium high heat until it reaches 350°
- Place one egg roll wrapper on a cutting board, so that one corner is pointing directly towards you.
- Place a small amount of cold mashed potato, stuffing, turkey, and sliced green beans in a line about ⅓ of the way up the wrapper, being careful not to over fill.
- Brush the two edges furthest away from you with the egg wash.
- Start to roll the egg roll by folding the corner closest to you over the top of the fillings, and then gently but firmly tuck it in snugly against the filling.
- tuck the two sides in once you reach the middle, and fold them over towards the middle of the roll, closing the ends of the egg roll.
- Finish rolling, ensuring that the egg wash adheres to the wrapper and seals the roll tightly.
- Repeat for additional egg rolls.
- Fry the egg rolls for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and allow to drain for 1 minute on a rack or paper towels.
- Cut each egg roll on a bias (diagonal) and serve with the sriracha cranberry sauce and bourbon turkey gravy for dipping.