Thai ginger orange beef noodle bowl
Thai-inspired noodle bowlPrint Recipe
- 1 lb Beef sirloin Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Red onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper Thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot Julienne
- 2 Tablespoons Basil leaves Thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Ginger orange sriracha sauce
- 8 oz Thick spaghetti Whole grain if available
- Peanuts roasted, unsalted, for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the carrot, onion, and bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes more, until carrot is crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sauce and cook for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Divide the noodles into 4 bowls. Divide the stir fry into the four bowls, on top of the noodles. Garnish with peanuts, mint, and scallion. Serve with additional sauce on side if desired.
NOTE: substitute zoodles for low-carb option
Sodium: 772mg | Calcium: 56mg | Vitamin C: 42mg | Vitamin A: 3562IU | Sugar: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 712mg | Cholesterol: 62mg | Calories: 423kcal | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 34g | Carbohydrates: 51g | Iron: 3mg
Ginger orange sriracha sauce
Tangy, spicy, sweet, and salty, this Thai-inspired sauce can be used for marinades, stir fry's and more!Print Recipe
- 1½ cups fresh orange juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tablespoons ginger finely minced
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Corn starch
- Heat one tablespoon of the sesame oil in a sauce pan. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the fish sauce and cook until reduced entirely.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and cook for 10 minutes, or until sugar has caramelized.
- Add the remaining items and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the sauce, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Sodium: 5380mg | Calcium: 177mg | Vitamin C: 209mg | Vitamin A: 789IU | Sugar: 140g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 1227mg | Calories: 1153kcal | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fat: 56g | Protein: 11g | Carbohydrates: 158g | Iron: 3mg