Traditional green chile condiment for Tex-Mex foodPrint Recipe
- 1 white onion peeled, trimmed, and quartered
- 1 lb tomatillos husks removed, quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 head garlic cloves separated and peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers stemmed and seeded
- 2 quarts water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the onion, garlic, tomatillos, and jalapenos in a large sauce pan
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a medium boil and cook for 45 min to an hour, until vegetables are all very soft.
- Place the vegetables and the liquid in a blender, add the cilantro, and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste. Store refrigerated for one week, or frozen for up to 6 months.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 1600mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 1363IU | Vitamin C: 105mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 4mg