Packed with protein, hearty and zippy flavors, hummus is a perfect snack any time of day or nightPrint Recipe
- 2 15-ounce can chickpeas
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Dash ground paprika or sumac for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini, garlic & cumin. Pulse until smooth, about one minute.
- Add the garbanzo beans, and turn processor on high,
- slowly drizzle in the lemon juice, followed by the olive oil, and finally, the water, until desired consistency is reached, about 3-4 minutes,
- Add salt to taste and pulse to mix.
- Transfer to a serving dish, preferably a wide, shallow bowl. drizzle with olive oil, and then sprinkle with paprika or sumac.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg