Honey Garlic Salmon
Sweet, savory, and tangy, this recipe is great grilled or broiled!Print Recipe
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets about 1/2 pound each, skin off or on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika mild, sweet or smokey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (plus extra to serve)
- Lemon slices to serve
- Preheat the oven to broil on high.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until foamy and chestnut brown in color. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add the honey, water and soy sauce and stir to combine. Add the lemon juice and reduce to a low simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Arrange the salmon filets on a baking sheet lined with foil, skin side down. Brush the filets generously with the glaze. Broil for 5 minutes, brush with more glaze, then broil 3-5 minutes more until cooked through. Remove from oven and brush one final time.
- Add serve with choice of sides, garnish with lemon slices.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg