This classic guacamole is fast and easy to make, and tastes better than anything you’ll find at a store! It’s also a fairly healthy snack!
Creamy, delicious, authentic guacamolePrint Recipe
- 3 Avocados
- 2 Roma tomato small diced
- 1 Red onion small diced
- 2 Jalapeno peppers Stem removed, seeded, small diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 3 limes Juiced
- salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except the avocados in a large bowl
- Cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a paring knife, score the avocado all the way through to the skin, cutting from top to bottom. Rotate the avocado 90° and score again, creating a square grid pattern. Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado, which is now diced. Add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients by hand, mashing some of the avocado, just until combined and creamy. I prefer a chunkier guacamole, so I only mash about half of the avocado, leaving nice big chunks of avocado floating around.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg