Classic marinara sauce
Traditional Italian red sauce, or "gravy"Print Recipe
- 1 30 oz cans Crushed tomatoes Cento brand recommended
- 1 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoons Dried basil
- 2 Tablespoon Dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and reduce to medium low heat. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the herbs and sugar, simmer for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Salt to taste.
- Store refrigerated for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg