Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
Rich & creamy chicken alfredo tossed with fettuccini noodlesPrint Recipe
- 12 ounces fettuccine uncooked
- 12 ounces chicken breast Boneless, skinless (about 2)
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 pinches nutmeg freshly grated
- 1 ½ cups Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated
- Olive oil for tossing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper To taste
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente (tender but still slightly firm). Drain and toss with a splash of oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter melts, raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook, without moving, until the browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, and cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter has mostly melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep the sauce just warm.
- Whisk the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce. Add the lemon juice, and taste for seasoning. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Calories: 853kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 83g | Saturated Fat: 50g | Cholesterol: 375mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2826IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 562mg | Iron: 2mg