Although it can be a bit challenging to find raw peanuts, it’s worthwhile – this recipe makes a delicious snack that can be added to salads or other dishes, or just eaten all by itself!
An easy and tasty Asian snackPrint Recipe
- 1 Lb Raw peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons Dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, smashed
- 1 Thai chili, split lengthwise
- 1 Quart Water
- Rinse the peanuts to ensure they are clean.
- Mix the sugar, salt, water, garlic, chili, and five-spice in a large pot with a lid. Add the peanuts. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the hat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest, covered, for 12 hours.
- Drain, remove the garlic and the chili, and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 651kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 858mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5mg