Beef & Broccoli Rice Bowl
This classic Chinese-American dish is much faster and easier than you may think, and it's a great way to get some vegetables into your diet!Print Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- ½ cup white onions sliced
- 2 cups Japanese sticky rice cooked
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat until it begins to smoke. Add the beef and cook until completely browned, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining oil and them the broccoli and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is vibrant green and slightly tender.
- Add the sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for one minute after sauce boils. Remove from heat and serve over cooked rice.
Calories: 659kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1163mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 5mg