Basic ramen broth
Authentic ramen broth can takes days to make properly. This is a fairly quick and easy broth that's very flavorful.Print Recipe
- 1 White onion roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 2" piece Ginger sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2½ quarts chicken broth
- 2 star anise whole
- 1 cinnamon stick 1.5" long
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander seeds optional
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring rarely, allowing the edges to char and the onions to become translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, anise, and cinnamon, coriander seeds, and mushrooms, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain the broth and discard the solids.
- Use broth in ramen recipe of choice. Will keep refrigerated for 3-4 days, or frozen for 6 months.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2979mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg